Countdown To My Monthly Hero April 2021

Welcome everyone! Today is Day 1 of the countdown to the April 2021 My Monthly Hero Kit! Be sure to also visit the Hero Arts blog and leave a comment to be entered to win a kit before you can buy it.

This kit has some amazing geometrical designs this month that are so fun to play with! Since there is a lot of solid space on the image, I’m going to make them silhouettes in my scene.

I masked off a strip towards the bottom of my cardstock using post it tape. Then I’m ink blending Taffy, Grape Slush and Purple Galaxy Reactive ink.

I’ll then remove the post it tape and stamp the dragonfly image numerous times over the area using Intensified Black Ink.

I love the large white space above, so I placed the sentiment under the ink blended area and stamped using the Intensified Black ink.

To add a little interest, I used the Sparkle Clear Lacquer Pen and added it randomly to the ink blended area. This added a ton of sparkle to the card.

I also took a white gel pen and colored in the little circle areas on the wings which really makes it pop!

I cannot wait to show you what else is in this kit! A little hint, it’s one of my most favorite crafty items to play with! Can you guess??? Be sure to check back here on Monday, April 5 for the full reveal!

In the meantime, head over to the Hero Arts blog for more inspiration!

SUPPLIES

49 thoughts on “Countdown To My Monthly Hero April 2021

1. Michelle Hackett says:

Is your favorite crafty item stencils? I personally love stencils because you can do so many techniques with them. You did beautiful ink blending on this and the dragonfly have such a beautiful geometric shape. Excited to see this whole kit.

Liked by 1 person

2. Shawn Harcrow says:

Love love love your card, its dragonflies!! I usually prefer realistic ones but these are too unique to not like. I’m also eager to learn what your favorite craft item is!!

3. Carol Wortman says:

The dragon flies are a really cool shape and the white gell pen makes them really pop. Love the blending and sm such a fan of white space for effect. Love this card. Hmmm I’m thinkin stencils and guessing alcohol inks?

4. Nancy Knapp says:

I love your card! The bugs are really cute. The white gel pen dots on the wings add just the right touch! Looking forward to seeing the rest of this kit. Thanks for sharing!

5. Michele W says:

Such a pretty card. Like that you left just enough room at the bottom for the sentiment and the way you added white to the wings. Really helps them to pop. Thanks for sharing!

6. Gail Anderson says:

I just love the simplicity of this card and how you โ€œdressedโ€ it up a little! The geometric shapes in this kit are so fascinating.

7. Kristina Gentle says:

This release looks like SPRING and that makes me happy. Great hop, great inspiration, including your clean and simple card! Love it!

8. Evelyn Larson says:

Hello from Malta, New York. What a great card. I love your color blending. You create a clean and simple card that looks amazing. It does not looks like you did many steps but boy it really makes a statement. Just beautiful. I hope the kit comes with your color choices.