Countdown To My Monthly Hero July 2021

Welcome everyone! It’s day 2 of the countdown to the July 2021 My Monthly Hero Kit! This kit has so many possibilities to it! If you missed Day 1, be sure to head over to the Hero Arts blog!

I have a cute little outdoor scene for you starting by creating my background by swiping an ink pad across sand cardstock. This creates kind of a woodgrain, textured look

I also used my ultimate favorite die and that is Cloudy Sky Scene Fancy die. I die cut it from Kiwi cardstock to give the look of bushes. Such a great way to get more from your dies.

I also trimmed down a piece of Meadow cardstock for my grass.

This all sets the scene for my tree house and gnome.

Hope you enjoyed today’s sneak peek!

Don’t forget, due to the U.S. holiday on Monday and Hero being closed on Monday, the kit will go live on Tuesday, July 6 at 1pm Eastern/10am Pacific.

Now don’t forget to head to the Hero blog for more inspiration and enter in the giveaway!

Have a fabulous weekend.

23 thoughts on “Countdown To My Monthly Hero July 2021

1. Florie Vega says:

Ms Mindy, I like how you made a shadow that makes it look as if the floor panel is folded, the scenario it’s really pretty and most of all the card could be used for so many occasions. I love gnomes and your card has given me many ideas on how to use my kit and combine it with other sets that I own from Hero Arts, which I own a lot. Thank you for such gorgeous card.

2. Teri Smith says:

Mindy, your card is so cute! Using a cloud die to create bushes was a great idea, & as you say, another use for the die itself. I adore the tiny home with the roof made of leaves.

3. Lisa Clark says:

I love using dies multiple ways and using the clouds as bushes is perfect. I really enjoy the woodgrain effect you made with the ink pad too.

4. Gail Anderson says:

Oh, wow, I love how you made this scene–the “woodgrain” background and bushes from a clouds die–very creative!

5. Ddmac58 says:

Your card is darling. I love how you made the background with your ink pad and used the sky cloud die for the bushes. Very clever.

6. Jodi Warren says:

Love the way you created the back ground. Giving dimension to show that the gnomes may be smaller then we realize. Great card.

7. Evelyn Larson says:

Hello from Malta, New York. I love your card, I especially like how you created bushes from a cloud die. Very creative. Your card is so beautiful. Simple techniques but so elegant. What a great card.

8. roxanne tellini says:

Wow you have a steady hand. My ink swiping is really blotchy. Yours is so smooth I thought it was textured paper.