Countdown to My Monthly Hero May 2021

Welcome everyone! It’s the final day of the countdown to the new My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero Arts! One more day to go until you can pick up this amazing kit!

I am loving this large image from the kit! I have never been deep sea diving but if I did, I imagine it would be so colorful.

I started by creating some depth to my card by ink blending Navy ink onto Adriatic cardstock. After that was completely dry, I stamped this large reef image in Embossing Ink and heat embossed with Sparkle embossing powder.

On white cardstock, I stamped the reef image in white pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. This is a new little trick I picked up and really helps fill in any little gaps and make this especially white.

Then using blending brushes I ink blended Lemon Drop, Fruit Punch, Taffy, and Blue Hawaii Reactive Ink. I love how these colors blend together and make such a beautiful underwater focal point.

Once I had an idea where my image would go, I heat embossed a sentiment in Silver embossing powder onto the card front. Then I added my ink blended image to the front with foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Are you ready for tomorrow?

WIN A KIT!

Be sure to head on over to the Hero Arts blog to check out more inspiration from Day 1 & 2 of Sneak peeks. Leave comments on the Hero Arts blog to be entered to win a kit before you can buy it.

SUPPLIES

37 thoughts on “Countdown to My Monthly Hero May 2021

1. Carole R. says:

Beautiful card! Those colors really pop against that lovely background. I’m sure looking forward to the reveal.

2. JFox says:

I love the subtle rainbow you created with the darker colors at the bottom and lighter at the top. The dark background really makes the bright images stand out. Absolutely beautiful!

3. Suzanne Brown says:

I love how you used the large coral image here, both in the colored image and then how you used it again a a shadow image behind it. I am really excited about this new kit,

4. spilor says:

Hi,
    It feels like a long time since I have left you a note. Have been super busy… Anything to do with sea life is a “go” with me! I love your card, the punny sentiment, the beautiful background with the shadow layer of stamping, the embossed resist ink blending… just all of it! You’re a papercrafting genius, Mindy E!!!
    L in PA

5. Gail Anderson says:

Oh wow, I didn’t realize the coral was one large stamp until I read your post. I love it and how you used it as the background and a layered image. Pretty card,

6. Margaret R says:

This card is so gorgeous I don’t even know where to begin! Thanks so much for the tip about using Sparkle embossing powder with pigment inks – just ordered some!

7. Linda Johnson says:

This is a beautiful card. I love the way your reef colors show off against the blue ocean background. I can hardly wait to see the whole set reveal.

8. Shirley Galecki says:

Stunning card. Colors are eye catching and I love the design you created. Looks like a great kit this month

9. jshixon says:

Great card! I like how the most colorful image is on the front, just as it would be if you swam up on it, and behind it in the darker water, objects are harder to visualize. Very realistic.

10. Ddmac58 says:

Beautiful card! I love the bright colors of the corals. Thanks for the tip about the white cardstock and the white embossing powder.

11. Diana Niezing King says:

GOSH, Mindy, I am a scuba diver. You have captured this underwater scene so beautifully. It brings back memories of my deeper dives when I was in my 20’s. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creativity with us.