Cards Hero Arts

My Monthly Hero Kit – March

Welcome back everyone! I had a chance to create some cards using the March My Monthly Hero Kit that I wanted to share today.

This kit is filled with fun aquatic elements. What I was really excited to play was the Reactive inks included in the kit. I ink blended both of the inks onto Bristol Smooth card stock and sprinkled with water. The inks react to create these water splashes. Very much like the Distress Inks or Distress Oxide inks from Ranger.

The kit also comes with this super cool frame die. I die cut one piece from white card stock and another from Black Glitter card stock. On the white one, I colored in the aquatic elements with copic markers. With the frame cut from Black Glitter card stock, I trimmed all of those aquatic features out so I was left with just a frame. Then I attached the glitter frame to my colored frame.

I stamped multiple images from the large stamp set that comes in the kit using various ink colors from Gina K Designs. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out with my Gemini Jr. Before attaching all of my elements, I stamped my sentiment in the middle of the background using one of the Blue Reactive inks from the kit. I also added a few schools of fish to my background.

Then I could attach my frame to the top using Lawn Fawn Liquid Glue. Totally loving scene!

My next card is featuring the Bubbles Background stamp which is not a part of the kit but thought it worked well with everything. I stamped it onto some Tranquil Teal card stock cut to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ using the darker blue Reactive Ink for a tone on tone look. I trimmed 1/2″ off of the side and then trimmed again at 1 1/4″ so I could have a strip missing.

Using a full notecard measuring 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″, I trimmed the same measurements off of one side of the card that will be my card front. I will start putting this together by adding double sided tape to the white card front and the small 1/2 ” strip I cut off. Using a strip of acetate I add this on top of the white card front to connect my base with my small strip.

I had previously stamped images from the stamp set and die cut out so I can start adding them to my window. I use my sticker maker from Xyron to add adhesive to the entire back of the images. Next, I’ll add some foam tape and attach my blue panels to the front of the card. This gives the illusion of a window and no adhesive will show on the other side.

It really is amazing how much value is packed into these kits for such a reasonable price. There’s more in the kit that I didn’t even use yet! Here’s a look at the entire kit. Be sure to pick yours up because there are only a limited number of them. Once it’s gone – it gone!

I hope you enjoyed today’s inspiration!

Affiliate links are used at no additional cost to you.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply